Cooking with Coach Danielle: Banana Protein Bread
In this installment, Coach Danielle is sharing her Banana Protein Bread recipe. This bread is a fantastic breakfast option for those of you tired of egg whites and looking for more protein to kick off your day! Bonus–it is also super easy to make, uses simple ingredients, and is delicious! You can prep this bread on Sundays and have a healthy, filling breakfast all week long. You can see Coach Danielle make this recipe in her latest youtube video here.
- 250 g or 2 Large Bananas
- 90 g rolled oats
- pinch stevia (optional for extra sweetness)
- 60 g protein powder (peanut butter or any other flavor)
- 4 large egg whites–whisked
- 1 tsp baking powder (make sure it isn’t expired)
- 1 Cup milk of your choice (Coach Danielle uses unsweetened vanilla coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- With a fork, mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and egg whites, mixing thoroughly after adding each ingredient.
- Add the milk and mix until you have a thick batter.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Cool and cut into four equal servings.
- Carbs: 30g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 19g
As you can see, this is a quick and easy recipe that solves your need for protein at breakfast. We hope you make it soon and let us know how it turned out!